Call Today408-389-4764

February 2018 Archives

P visas: Temporary visas for recognized athletes and artists

If you're an internationally recognized athlete, entertainer, artist or performer, you may qualify for a P visa, allowing you to live and work temporarily in the United States. Before you sign up, however, you should understand the purpose and qualifications for each type of P visa. Also, be aware that some artists and entertainers qualify for other types of visas instead.

The first step in family immigration: Getting an immigrant visa

If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you may want to sponsor a relative to live in the United States. Both citizens and permanent residents can do so, although the rules are somewhat different. The first step, however, is sponsoring your relative for an immigrant visa. An immigrant visa is the type that can ultimately result in lawful permanent residence.

High demand for limited number of H-1B visas expected

For the past several years, many industries in California, including financial services and information technology, have relied on the H-1B visa program to hire skilled workers.  It is expected that the current economy along with fears of future restrictions to the H-1B visa program will continue to create a high volume of visa petitions in 2018.

TPS status ended for nearly 200,000 Salvadorans

With nothing to go back home to, many Salvadorans that have been living in the United States as Temporary Protected Status holders now face an uncertain future. For months, administration officials have discussed ending special qualifications that have allowed immigrants who entered the U.S. illegally from El Salvador and nine other countries to stay and work in the U.S.

Yew Immigration Law Group, a P.C. | 1155 North First Street Suite 210 |San Jose, CA 95112 | Phone: 408-389-4764 | Map & Directions